Παρασκευή 23 Ιανουαρίου 2015

What to wear on your holidays to Greece-Page 2

PACKING FOR WINTER IN GREECE RAINY & COLD SEASON

Bring a collapsible umbrella and moderately heavy jacket etc. It snows in Northern Greece and in mountainous areas and even in Athens. I have scarf, gloves, neck warmer and all that stuff and have to put it on too especially December thru March. I wish I had brought my duck shoes from Boston for the puddles too! Its snowing as I write this!

PACKING TO VISIT GREEK CHURCH'S & MONASTERIES

rulesAttire in Greece is generally casual except during business meetings and entering religious institutions such as church and monasteries. Women are not allowed to enter Monasteries.
They are expected to wear: a below the knee skirt and a hat/scarf for church entrance as well as a buttoned up blouse. For men trousers should be worn... shirts too!
As this sign at 'Holly' Aghia Lavra Monastery so eloquently points out. You ladies would never wear any provocative clothing now would you?

GREEK RESTAURANT ATTIRE

Very few fancy restaurants require a coat and tie. A nice shirt and and ascot works well. Please see the Athens Guide for shopping/dining tips.

FORMAL ATTIRE

Dressing Up in Greece? For some reason, when I am just visiting, I always pack more than I end up ever wearing and I try to travel light anyway. My mother always wants me to bring a suit and tie so I can impress all my relatives.. they know better.
Trust me, unless you always wear a suit anyway, don't bother. A nice shirt and ascot will spruce you males up sufficiently. Only the most exclusive hotels or restaurants have a dress code that extreme. In Athens before heading to a Greek island you can always trot over to Kolonaki Sq. or down to Ermou St. and buy something nice

OTHER RECOMMENDED GREEK TRAVEL ITEMS

Sun Screen & General Sun Protection for the Greek Traveler

Usually available at most Greek island or tourist area periptera. You may not find your favorite brand and it may cost more than you are used to paying . Coppertone and Ban du Soleil are common in Greece. A really good waterproof brand is worth the extra money as you'll be in and out of the water a lot.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου